There are several different web hosts on the market that range in price from expensive to cheap. You may assume that a cheap host is inferior to an expensive host, but there are actually several less expensive web hosts available that are top quality. You just have to do a little research to select the right one. So, here are a few things you should consider when selecting a cheap hosting that meets your needs.
* Time in Business- While this isn’t the DMCA ignored hosting biggest factor that determines the quality of a cheaper host, it can help you choose the right one. If a hosting company has been in business for several years, there’s a better chance that it is a quality company. Of course, there are new companies that are just as good, so this should not be your only consideration when selecting a hosting provider.
* Reputation- This is a very important consideration when selecting a cheap hosting company. One way to find out if a specific web hosting company has a bad reputation is to read online reviews and comments from people that have used the service you’re interested in. If there are several complaints, you should look for a company with a better reputation.
* Customer Service- The quality of customer service and technical support is another very important consideration when selecting cheap hosting sercices. You need to make sure that whatever company you choose has 24/7 support through phone and email. Many companies also offer a live chat option that’s very convenient.
* Features- Most hosting services whether cheap or expensive offer the same general features. Some of the features you should look for when selecting web hosting is unlimited bandwidth, disk space and domains. You might also want a web host that uses control panel to make setting up and managing your hosting account quick and easy.
* Guarantees- When selecting a cheaper hosting service, you should check to see if they offer any type of guarantee. Many will offer a general money back guarantee in case you’re not satisfied with their service. They also have an up-time guarantee. Most hosting services guarantee a 99.9% up-time, so your website will never be offline more than 0.1% of the time.
When searching for the best deal that will meet your site hosting needs, the features above are just a few of the things you should consider. Just make sure that you take your time when selecting the hosting package and don’t just sign up with the first company you find, since there are quite a few low quality web hosts.
Web Hosting Comparison- Why Free Isn’t Always Better……
When you look at a web hosting comparison of all of the different companies, you will see that there are some services that charge a fee for hosting services and others that are completely free. While free hosting may sound like the ideal situation, it may not be the best choice. Below, you can read a website hosting comparison of free versus paid web hosting companies, so you can decide which one is right for you.
For our hosting comparison, we’ll look at free hosting services first. With a free service, you can usually do whatever you would like to your website. However, you will not usually have your own domain. Instead, your website will be an extension of the web hosting service’s site. This can cause you to have a lot more limitations with your website rather than if you were to use a paid service.
Also with free hosting services, you will not have a guarantee of up-time. So, your site could be down a lot, and there’s not much you can do except switch services. Another problem is that most free hosting services will put banner advertisements on your site, which you can’t remove. Some people don’t mind this, but others want to have more control over anything that is posted on their website.
While these issues may not be a problem for you if you plan to have a personal website that talks about your hobbies or keeps your family updated on major life events, they can be a problem if you are trying to run a professional looking website. So, you definitely need to think about the concerns with a free service and decide if they are worth saving the monthly fee or not.
Of course, our web hosting comparison wouldn’t be complete if we didn’t look at paid web hosting services. With a paid service, you will be charged a monthly fee that can range from $4-$20, depending on the company and plan you choose. There are a wide range of companies that offer web hosting, so you’ll definitely want to do some research to find the best ones.
Unlike free web hosting, you will be able to buy your own domain name for your website when you use a paid hosting service. You will also have complete control over your website, without having to worry about advertisements being posted without your consent. Another great benefit of using a reputable paid web hosting service is that they usually guarantee their up-time, so your website will be live on the internet almost 100% of the time.